ImportOmatic

Welcome to our official ImportOmatic feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

1. Speed the entering of record and value types when creating profiles

Selecting record and value types when creating a profile can be quite time consuming. I have four ideas that could potentially speed this up:

1) Have a button which attempts to guess record and value types based on field names. For instance, if I have a column headed "Gift Amount", it is highly likely that I'll want it to be stored as a "Amount" value within a "Gift" record.

2) Select multiple rows and set them all to one record type. Often data files will naturally be arranged with similar fields adjacent to one another. It would be really useful…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. phones/emails

I'd really like to be able to keep the ‘old’ email/phone but make it inactive when adding a new one (which would be the active one).

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Integration with Blackbaud's NetCommunity

for both importing gifts and the list management tool. we're using list management to help with different non-constituent email lists and it would be great if we could see if some of the non-constituents actually move over to be constituents either through a gift in NetC or and event RSVP.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow you to choose which fields will be checked in the Bio Compare window (or only check if modifying existing)

I would love a way to stop Import-Omatic checking whether I want to import a date of birth, middle name etc. where none already exists.

It is helpful to know where this info differs from what we already have on Raiser’s Edge, but if it’s blank then I definitely want to just import it. I have one import which tends to have a lot of rows like this, and it’s also pretty big, so it can be quite time-consuming clicking through them.

It would be nice if we could customise this for each import profile in the settings.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default Sets for Relationships

Importing relationships is an important function of IOM. When building an import file containing relationships, however, there are fields populated with redundant information that could instead be better represented through the use of a default set. Fields such as Relationship, Reciprocal, Date From, Print Position?, Primary,? and Employee? generally do not differ and end up containing identical information.

Furthermore, since the content or meaning of these fields is usually understood to be obvious simply by their existence in the import file, the original data file most likely will not contain these fields. That the individual is Employee of their Employer…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have the option to view if a constituent is head of household in the duplicate search results columns.

I would love to see a column where we could see if HoH is checked on a particular record during import.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Change Duplicate Search Method

Please change the duplicate searching method to include non-constituent spouse and/OR non-constituent individual relationships. We import many children as non-constituent relationships and we are spending a lot of time matching them to a selected record. Instead of automatically matching to the record of the parent, IOM is trying to match to other constituents with the same name as the child. Please allow us to 'turn off' searching relationships and just have the duplicate search only constituent or spouse. Or have the option to choose spouse or relationships or both. Thank you!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make an Easier way to Stop an Import at Any Time

Currently I am only able to stop an import with Importomatic, by pressing the ESC key on an address comparison popup. I wish there was a dedicated button (or even being able to just "X" out of an import window) to easily stop the import at any time.
    Maybe it should also ask to confirm, if you really want to stop the import as well.
    Thank you!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow user to quit import even if you have the side by side bio comparison window up.

The feature to close the import is great but if you are using the side by side comparison window you can't use it. Or you have to be really quick and go from skip row to close before another side by side comparison window comes up. Took me 12 tries!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make Team Raiser Team ID available in TR Donations import profile

Currently TeamRaiser Team ID is not an available field in the TR Donation import profile in the Luminate Connector. Can this field be made available? It would be very helpful!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automate the population of benefits on participant and gift records

Automate the population of benefits on participant records by pulling detail from Event record when adding registration fees through IOM process and on gifts when linking to a participant record which has benefits populated.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. VIP Processing should look different from regular processing

The idea of VIP processing is fantastic! Can the pop-up window look different from regular processing? When handling thousands of records, the window header of VIP can be easily overlooked since the pop-up looks like all the others. Maybe a different color or larger font for VIP that alerts the user that this is different?

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Fields to Be Moved Within a Profile, and Copy Certain Fields to Another Profile

Hi. I wish you could move fields up or down within a profile. Also it would be nice to copy certain fields and paste them to a different profile. Right now you can only copy a whole profile. I don't think you can do these things yet, that i know of.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Append data into a the notes field of a pre existing Notepad record.

Currently IOM is only able to append data to an education note on an education relationship in RE. Can't see why this functionality cannot be used on all notepad types.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow update with edits for addresses

It would be great if Import-o-matic would allow 'Update with edits' similar to 'Add with edits' but when you have a match on a record. On occasion we have a more recent record come in with new phones/emails, but although the address is the same the update is incorrectly formatted. It would be great to update the formatting on import rather than after import in Raisers Edge.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Import constituents and non-constituents as participants in one import.

Currently, you have to do two passes of your data to import participants if you have constituents and non-constituents mixed in the file. With events, you don't always know if someone is a full constituent so it would be nice if ImportOmatic could automatically identify these in one sweep, instead of having to use the exception file to do the import of full records. Thanks.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Color Code Virtual Fields

It would be very helpful if the Virtual Fields were color coded to show Static Fields, etc.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Be able to view full name of Gift Default in order to select correct default set

We are not able to view the full name of the gift default when making a selection from the dropdown. Even after we make a selection, I have no way of scrolling to the right of that field to view the additional text. Could this be an enhancement in a future update to IOM to be able to view the full text in those dropdowns? This may apply to other fields as well, but I can only speak to gift defaults for sure.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Split Gift with 2 funds in same row

We have a file that comes with multiple fund designations for the same gift. The way our file comes is with the 2 funds and the amount to go to each fund all in the same row. It would be great if IOM could process gifts like this instead of having to have multiple rows.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow LM export to return multiple rows for one record if that record has multiple relationships defined in the RE query.

This will allow an organization with multiple individual relationships to be pulled into an LM export for event invites. Currently if the ABC organization has 4 contacts, it only returns one row with one contact. We would like an option to return the data in the same way RE returns the query data ... .listing the ABC organization in four lines with different contact names.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

ImportOmatic

Feedback and Knowledge Base