ImportOmatic

Welcome to our official ImportOmatic feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

1. process pledge payments

Create a method to make a gift a pledge payment. If you are voting for this idea, please specify what criteria LbOM would use to know a gift was a pledge payment (for instance, source data has a pledge ID column, or just the fact that a constit has an outstanding pledge, etc).

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change duplicate match screen

The duplicate match has the incoming data in the top row in BOLD. But that means that each letter is wider and when eyebaling to the match it is difficult when looking up and down to tell if they are a match sometimes. If they both have the same text treatment but you shade the back of the incoming data or something else to distinguish it, my duplicate match process would go much faster.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow maximizing or resizing of the configuration screen.

You should be able to maximize the any screen in IOM. Also you should be able to sort on any column in the listing and it will remember that sort.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mark "Send mail to this address" YES when updating address

IOM already clears "Has No Valid Address" when an address is updated. Sometimes the preferred address has "Send mail to this address" unchecked. When IOM updates an existing preferred address, there's no setting anywhere to check the "Send mail" checkbox, and my testing has shown that it stays unchecked - even if the address now contains a valid, mailable address.
    UPDATE: after some discussion, the suggestion is to add a profile option under addresses of "Check the 'Send mail' checkbox for any address updated", with the bonus option of adding a "Send mail" checkbox to the Advanced Address Processing form…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. individual relationship primary addressee

Add the ability to import primary addressee and salutation for individual relationships

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add the ability to import volunteer interest and volunteer award information

Right now, the only fields available in the Volunteer Module to use when mapping an import are Volunteer Job and Volunteer Timesheet. It would be extremely helpful if other fields within the Volunteer Module, such as volunteer interest and volunteer award information, are available for mapping as well.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dictionary selection window in field mapping is too short

I have dictionary that is named very descriptively and the "Apply Dictionary" selection screen is way too short to see everything. Some of the dictionary have the same starting words and unable to see the whole name of the dictionary make me having to guess which I should be using

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add ability to clean up/standardize addresses prior to importing i.e. running a CASS certification

A lot of the data I get to import is coming from regional offices that require heavy clean up prior to importing. I am also finding that addresses are not entered in consistent manner. I would like to be able to reduce the manual clean up time by running the file through some sort of CASS app that would clean up and standardize the addresses according to postal standards. I should note that we do not have the address accelerator module. We do have NCOA processing but only do that twice a year. Of course we could go thru another…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Force user intervention based on Constituent Code

Force user intervention based on Constituent Code. If I have a Major Donor in my address update file, I will be warned before updating it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keep the date from column expanded

In advanced Address Processing, it would be nice to be able to widen the date from/to columns once instead of having to change the size with each record to enable you to see the complete date.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We’ve added the ability to control which columns of information display during address importing, including sticky column widths. You’ll need to update to version 3.4.0.0 or higher of ImportOmatic to take advantage of this new feature.

Thanks for the great suggestion!

-The Omatic Team

12. IOM should have the ability to import data to records defined with a query, instead of using the whole database.

For example: I want to have the ability to add employment data, but ONLY to constituent records that have NO employment data. I would be able to use a query of records that met certain criteria for import, rather than update the full database.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IOM can use a VIP query to identify which records should be highlighted during an import. You can set your general profile settings to not use autopick, then indicate in VIP settings that you would like to flag your records within a specific query. This will allow you to easily see which records meet criteria, and you can send the rest to an exception file so they aren’t updated. To learn more about VIP settings, review this page in our user guide: http://omatic-importomatic.helpdocsonline.com/vip-options

13. Enable Spouse matching options (available in IOM) in List Manamgent

List management does not currently support the spouse matching and promotion functionality of IOM. It would be very helpful for these features to be available in List Management

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We added this capability to IOM/LM version 3.2.1, which was released yesterday (Feb 16, 2016). Details about this feature can be found here: http://omatic-importomatic.helpdocsonline.com/list-management-profiles$Constituents%20-%20Duplicate%20Search

You can download the update here: http://www.omaticsoftware.com/Forums/tabid/108/aft/1876/Default.aspxhttp://www.omaticsoftware.com/Forums/tabid/108/aft/1876/Default.aspx

14. Reviewing potential matching records

When reviewing potential matching records it would be helpful if the main row of data (import data) locked and remained visible at the top of the list as you scroll through the list of potential matching records.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. organising profiles and dictionaries

it would be great if Importomatic could have a folder system for profiles and dictionaries. it would also be helpful to be able make profiles (maybe dictionaries too) inactive

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow sorting of columns in Import Profile Configuration (sorting/moving up & down)

Sometimes the field order changes when I receive the same information from another data source. I could use all the same mapping, but I'm not able to re-order the columns in Import-o-matic, so it requires deleting the columns I need and adding them in a new spot instead of being able to simply re-order them.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. address attribute

Address Attribute
    It would be great that we could import on address attribute fields; new and existing records

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Copy Dictionaries

Please add the functionality to be able to copy dictionaries. This is helpful for us when working with Campaigns, Funds and Appeals. We populate the Campaigns and Appeals based on the Funds. Once I have the dictionary set up for one, I would like to copy the same settings for the other.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Middle Name in Individual Duplicate Criteria

Add Middle Name in the fields available to set for Individual Duplicate Criterias (Omatic Configuration > Duplicate Criteria > Individual Duplicate Criteria)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add ability to customize the data columns for the IOM search results

Often, it would be helpful to be able to see and reference additional data columns during the search results part of IOM in order to discern which record to match to (that are not already included). Some examples are to include constituent codes or specific constituent attributes. Sometimes, we may be importing just a relationship, and being able to also set the search columns to also show city or state would be helpful of there are several similarly named records (orgs), but in different states.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

ImportOmatic

Feedback and Knowledge Base